What’s inside RB8
RB8 handles your important business tasks, such as billing and scheduling, in a flexible, interconnected environment that includes mobile and PDF transcripts, instant text message job notifications and email job confirmations. It includes a central repository, so you no longer have to keep hard copies of important information. Plus it handles deliveries, receivables, collections, payables — including direct deposit payroll — and business tracking and forecasting, with a full range of reports from work load to cash flow to profitability.
RB8 comes with everything most legal support firms need to manage their business built in. It is a turn-key system, but customizable so you can tailor it to your business and the specific services you offer.
The RB8 system is scalable: From a one-person shop to a company with offices around the country, RB8 handles your business and can grow with you. And since you pay for it on a month-to-month basis, you can control your overhead expenses.
You can choose to host your RB8 on your own equipment in-house or in the cloud, eliminating the need for your own server, data storage, and IT staff.
Modules in RB8:
- Handle your daily scheduling, notifying and confirming tasks.
- Update, confirm and cancel jobs.
- Assign, notify and confirm reporters.
- Track and analyze jobs.
- Notify clients when requests are received.
- Send clients and resources their job calendars, which they can import into their Outlook calendars.
- Import client requests from RB Web.
- Upload case- and job-level files to the repository.
- Turn in jobs.
- Create PDF transcripts (including condensed versions) & apply digital signatures.
- Create mobile transcripts in Transcript Packages.
- Fulfill client requests.
- Prepare jobs for billing.
- Archive all documents by case, job, witness, resource, firm, invoice or general filing.
- Grant clients and resources access to files and invoices online through RB Web.
- Generate labels, envelopes and form letters.
- Track UPS & FedEx shipments.
- Print and post invoices, including COD invoices.
- Export invoices in LEDES 98B format for clients who require electronic billing.
- Instantly locate information about jobs, invoices, clients, resources, witnesses, payments and transcripts.
- Analyze aspects of your business, such as clients’ billing activity and reporter billing and pay amounts.
- Run month-, quarter- and year-to-date totals.
- Credit and track client payments.
- Assess finance charges, print monthly reports, and monitor collection efforts.
- Apply retainers.
- Track and manage COD invoices.
- Perform payroll tasks.
- Generate forms and reports pertaining to payroll, including 1099s.
- Cut payroll checks, direct deposit paychecks, or export payroll to QuickBooks.
- Set up and maintain your company, job location, client and resource (reporters, videographers, interpreters, etc.) information.
- Analyze your business’s productivity, profitability and other relevant data.
- Customize menus.
- Set up users and group them according to their access levels and job functions.
- Create forms and letters.
- Maintain and back up your RB database.
- Perform custom searches of your RB database.
- Import invoices, paychecks and payment transactions into QuickBooks.
Turn-key system for legal support firms
RB8 comes with built-in defaults so you don’t have to start from scratch defining common items. RB8’s built-in defaults incorporate business logic and best practices for legal support firms derived from our 30 years of developing software for this industry. You can add to, delete from, or edit defaults, such as services offered, to customize RB8 to your unique business needs.
A system that grows to fit any size office
The basic RB8 system includes the software and database, plus one user license. Add more user licenses as needed on a month-to-month basis.
Basic RB8 office management package includes:
- RB8 Server, which installs on the server (or main computer, depending on system size) if you have RB8 Subscribe or in the cloud on Microsoft Azure’s Cloud Services if you have RB8 Cloud. The RB8 Server contains your RB database of clients, resources, jobs, etc.1
- RB8 Client, which installs on a workstation and accesses your database on the RB8 Server.2
- Annual software maintenance & support contract, either Standard or Premium.3
- Each server/main computer requires a separate RB Server license.
- Each workstation that accesses the RB Server simultaneously requires a separate user license. Additional user licenses can be added or subtracted on a monthly basis for an additional fee.
- Each RB Server license includes Standard support in your monthly fee. You can upgrade to Premium support for an additional monthly fee.
Standard support is included free with your subscription. You can upgrade to Premium support if desired. Choose the plan that’s right for your business.
Subcribe to RB8
RB8 is available by subscription only and in 2 versions:
- RB8 Subscribe: In-house version in which you host RB8 on your own server.
- RB8 Cloud: Cloud-based version that eliminates the need for specialized hardware.
For as little as $150/month, you get a full office management system. Optional plug-ins provide additional capacity, such as online offices for your clients. Add or subtract user licenses and plug-ins as needed, cancel anytime.
RB8 is backed by an unconditional, 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.