2013: 2nd half
Release date: October 7, 2013
Change the order of misc. charges on an invoice
New functions, Move Up and Move Down, added to step 4 in Production > Turn-in , allowing the order of printing misc. charges that belong to unposted invoices.
Use new system codes for easier file selection
To make file selections easier in PDF Transcript, Transcript Package, Link Exhibits and Master Word List, new system codes, “ASCII”, “Exhibit” and “Video,” have been added to Code Manager’s Repository > File Type.
Only those files whose file type is set to the new system code, ASCII, can be converted into RB-PDF Transcripts, appear in New Transcript Package search results or appear in Master Word List search results.
Only those files whose file type is set to the new system code, Exhibit, will appear in Transcript Package window Exhibits section and Link Exhibits’ PDF Transcript windows.
Only those files whose file type is set to the new system code, Video, will appear in Transcript Package window Video section.
If you prefer not to show these codes to your clients over RB Web,you can turn off “Show on RBWeb" option in the Code Manager.
NOTE: If the same code names were used in your RB8 system, this update will rename them to “ASCII-1”, “Exhibit-1” and “Video-1.” Use the new Merge To function in Repository > File Type to globally change various old codes to the corresponding new system codes.
Look up who created or modified parties & orders
Last Modified, Last Modified By, Created and Created By fields now appear in Case Manager and Calendar Manager party information, and Turn-in order information.
Quickly update job location when ordering party changes
If a job’s location is set to “Same Location as Order Client” in Calendar Manager and the ordering firm is changed, you can update the location to the new firm or keep the original location with the click of a button.
Automatically log Sales Rep/Client Of changes
RB8 creates a Notes Log entry in the current window when:
- The Sales Rep is changed for a job in Calendar Manager.
- The Sales Rep is changed for a case in Case Manager.
- The Sales Rep or Client Of is changed for a job in Production Turn-in.
- The Sales Rep or Client Of is changed for a firm or contact in Setup.
Attach ASCII files to RB Transcript Packages
You can attach ASCII files to transcripts in the Other Files section of New Transcript Package and Transcript Package windows.
Add billing addresses for resources
Billing Address section has been added to the Additional tab in Setup > Resources. If a resource has a billing address, it will be used for printing checks in Payables > Print Checks.
Notify parties instantly when RB Transcript Packages are available
A new function, Send Notifications, has been added to the Transcript Package window to send automatic emails to job parties when an RB Transcript Package is ready for viewing. Set up the subject, message and foot of the Notification Email on the new tab, Transcript Package, in Tools > Web > Site Configurations.
Update multiple contacts’ billing email addresses at once
A new selection, Billing Email, has been added to the Bulk Update function in Setup > Contacts.
Speed up exhibit linking
Two features added to Production > Link Exhibits will help you create PDF transcripts with hyperlinked exhibits faster:
- When adding exhibits from your repository (Add > From Repository), only those exhibits associated with the current witness will be available.
- Set up frequently used patterns in Tools > Pattern List for Linking Exhibits. Then instead of typing a pattern each time you want to use it to link exhibits with in Add Alias Pattern, you can select it from your list.
Show clients more info about files and resources online
In the Code Manager, you can turn on or off whether repository file types or resource specialties appear in RB Web.
RB Web SSL certification has been strengthened
We have applied a new SSL Certificate to RB Web and updated the Java Applet for uploading multiple files.
New features for attorneys using RB Web
- Attorneys can search their account activity with 2 addtional filters: Job No. and Invoice No.
- If you want attorneys to see the billing rate for a service item, you can set “Show rate per unit when detailed” for the business unit.
- Attorneys can choose Page No. and Scale Font Size when exporting condensed transcripts from RB Transcript Packages. They can also choose to place line numbers outside the box in full-page transcripts.
- Exhibits, Videos or Other Files sections appear in RB Transcript Packages only if there are attached files in those categories.
- Attorneys cannot export transcripts from RB Transcript Packages if they haven't synced after highlighting or commenting.
- Download speed has been increased increased for RB Transcript Packages.
- The minimum number of characters needed in Repository Text Search “Word(s) to search for” has been reduced to 2.
New features for reporters and other resources using RB Web
- Business Unit ID has been added to the Billing Sheet making it easier for resources to track where their payments come from.
- Resources can search their payment activity by Job No.
Also in this release:
- A new column, BU, has been added to the grid in Inquiry > Witness Inquiry.
- In Payables > Pay Resources, Set Pay and Clear Pay now work with multiple rows.
- Since the Delete Transcript Package function requires a long processing time, the minimum query timeout has been extended to 180 seconds.
2013: 1st half
Release date: May 30, 2013
Access user guide in RB8
The updated RB8 user guide is included in the Help menu.
Quickly filter out canceled notes
A new button, Show/Hide Cancelled Log, added to all Notes Log tabs, lets you view the log without any canceled notes visible. Notes are not deleted, so you maintain a complete audit trail, but canceled notes do not have to appear in the list.
Keep more detailed collection notes
In the Collection Notes Log, each entry can contain up to 7000 characters.
More complete collection letters
Billing address data fields have been added to the Collection Letters and Collection Letters-Enhanced data sets in Form Manager.
Add unlimited signatures to RB-PDF Transcripts
You are no longer limited to 2 instances of a digital signature on a transcript. However, only the last instance added will have the certificate attached.
Place line numbers outside text boxes in transcripts
A new option, Line number outside the box, has been added to RB-PDF transcript preferences. Attorneys can also select this option when exporting full-page transcripts from RB Transcript Packages in RB Web. Plus they can choose page number location and font size scaling when exporting condensed transcripts from RB Transcript Packages in RB Web.
Search for transcripts to package by date uploaded
In Transcript Package’s New Transcript Package window, Upload Date From/To has been added to the search criteria.
Quicker file availability notification options
When sending notifications that transcripts are ready for downloading from RB Web, all job parties who have access to the witness-level repository will automatically appear in the Contacts section.
View job details in Quick Assignments
New Action menu item, View, brings up a job’s details so you can review them before assigning a resource.
Add job numbers to reporter worksheet text messages
A new data source, Job No., has been added to Worksheet SMS Message Settings in Tools > System Preferences > Worksheet Email.
More accurate turnaround analysis
Weekends are excluded in calculating the average days for reporters’ transcript completion. They are also excluded from the reporters’ results in RB Web's Turn-in window’s Days Old column.
Find contacts by firm in Tag Manager
When Contacts is selected in the Type drop-down, a firm name filter appears in the search criteria.
Create HTML-styled emails for sending bulk emails to specific groups
When using the Tag Manager to send emails to a labled group (i.e., Good Clients) you can make the email more visually interesting with font and paragraph styling.
“Wait for it”
When uploading large files, the progress bar stayed at 99%, giving the impression of a hang. Now a clarifying message, “Finishing file upload… (this may take a few minutes for large file size),” appears.
Jump-start job tracking
In the Tracking plug-in’s Tracking Manager > New Tracking screen, press the Enter key after a job number to activate the search.
Job numbers visible on mouse-over in reporters’ calendars
In RB Web for Resources’ monthly calendars, job numbers have been added to the job info tooltip.