RB8 is no longer available for sale. This section is for current RB8 users’ reference.
Information for current users of RB8
If you use RB8 to handle business tasks, such as billing and scheduling, or any of its other many functions, you can find information about your RB8 system, including RB Web, here.
Modules in RB8:
- Handle your daily scheduling, notifying and confirming tasks.
- Update, confirm and cancel jobs.
- Assign, notify and confirm reporters.
- Track and analyze jobs.
- Notify clients when requests are received.
- Send clients and resources their job calendars, which they can import into their Outlook calendars.
- Import client requests from RB Web.
- Upload case- and job-level files to the repository.
- Turn in jobs.
- Create PDF transcripts (including condensed versions) & apply digital signatures.
- Create mobile transcripts in Transcript Packages.
- Fulfill client requests.
- Prepare jobs for billing.
- Archive all documents by case, job, witness, resource, firm, invoice or general filing.
- Grant clients and resources access to files and invoices online through RB Web.
- Generate labels, envelopes and form letters.
- Track UPS & FedEx shipments.
- Print and post invoices, including COD invoices.
- Export invoices in LEDES 98B format for clients who require electronic billing.
- Instantly locate information about jobs, invoices, clients, resources, witnesses, payments and transcripts.
- Analyze aspects of your business, such as clients’ billing activity and reporter billing and pay amounts.
- Run month-, quarter- and year-to-date totals.
- Credit and track client payments.
- Assess finance charges, print monthly reports, and monitor collection efforts.
- Apply retainers.
- Track and manage COD invoices.
- Perform payroll tasks.
- Generate forms and reports pertaining to payroll, including 1099s.
- Cut payroll checks, direct deposit paychecks, or export payroll to QuickBooks.
- Set up and maintain your company, job location, client and resource (reporters, videographers, interpreters, etc.) information.
- Analyze your business’s productivity, profitability and other relevant data.
- Customize menus.
- Set up users and group them according to their access levels and job functions.
- Create forms and letters.
- Maintain and back up your RB database.
- Perform custom searches of your RB database.
- Import invoices, paychecks and payment transactions into QuickBooks.
A system that grows to fit any size office
The basic RB8 system includes the software and database, plus one user license. Add more user licenses as needed on a month-to-month basis.
Basic RB8 office management package includes:
- RB8 Server, which is on the server (or main computer, depending on system size) if you have RB8 Subscribe or in the cloud on Microsoft Azure’s Cloud Services if you have RB8 Cloud. The RB8 Server contains your RB database of clients, resources, jobs, etc.
- RB8 Client, which installs on a workstation and accesses your database on the RB8 Server.*
- Annual software maintenance & support contract, either Standard or Premium. Standard support is included free with your subscription. You can upgrade to Premium support for an additional monthly fee, if desired.
* Each workstation that accesses the RB Server simultaneously requires a separate user license. Additional user licenses can be added or subtracted on a monthly basis for an additional fee.