- Download attached exhibits, videos, and other files.
- View attachments in context by clicking on links.
- Make notes on transcripts.
- Highlight lines in transcripts.
- Search transcripts by word, page, comment, or highlights.
- They can also export the transcript in several formats, including customizable ones like RB-PDF Transcripts and condensed transcripts.
Faster, more convenient for attorneys
Like RB-PDF transcripts, you can hyperlink exhibits in Transcript Packages. Unlike PDF transcripts, linked files in RB Transcript Packages are not added into the transcript, keeping file size down and improving download speed.
When your clients open a Transcript Package, they can view any exhibit image in its native format by clicking a hyperlinked reference to it in the transcript. They do not have to maintain any additional files or file structure to access the exhibits.
More productive for users
- Highlight passages and write notes on transcripts.
- Export their highlights and notes to work with offline.
- Export their transcripts in full-size PDF, condensed PDF or AMICUS versions.
- Customize the appearance of exported PDF Transcripts, including condensed transcripts.
- Create and export word indexes and word lists.
Easier for production staff
If you are already providing RB-PDF transcripts to your clients, your production staff will find the process of creating Transcript Packages familiar yet faster.
For example, Transcript Packages, like RB-PDF transcripts, are created using the original ASCII file. And the linking process is exactly the same as exhibit linking in RB9’s PDF Transcript Creator.
Even better is how Transcript Packages can save your production staff’s time. They do not have to customize the appearance of transcripts. If your clients want their transcripts to look a certain way, they choose customization options when exporting files from Transcript Packages in a browser or on their mobile devices.
Like RB-PDF transcripts, your production staff can preview Transcript Packages before releasing them. Then they notify clients automatically via email when their Transcript Packages are available.
What’s the difference between RB-PDF Transcripts & Transcript Packages?
File that you can email to a client or they can download from RB Connect. Clients view and work with the file in the free Adobe Reader application.
Way for clients to work with transcripts and related files in a browser or on mobile device through RB Connect or RB Connect Mobile. Clients can export the transcript from a Transcript Package in a variety of formats.
O = included X = not included
|RB-PDF Transcript||Transcript Package|
|Delivery format||PDF, physical file||None|
|Access method||Using Adobe Acrobat or other associated programs||Using RB Connect plug-in or RB Connect Mobile plug-in|
|Link exhibits and other files||O||O|
|Word search in a single transcript||O||O|
|Word search in multiple transcripts||X||Will be available in a future update|
|Comment, annotation, highlight||O
(Using Acrobat or other applications)
Can export notes or highlights
|Export ASCII, word list, word index||X||O|