What’s been added or updated in RB9 & RB Connect
Find new feature descriptions here and their release dates.
Registered users of RB can sign in to our customer portal and check our KnowledgeBase for complete lists of updates including bug fixes. Not a registered user? Contact OMTI for your log-in credentials.
Release date: October 27, 2020
- Use date range for batch notifications
When sending Job Confirmations/Cancellations and Assignment Notifications/Cancellations:
- Date field has been changed to Date From/To fields so you can search by a date range of up to 30 days.
- Job Confirmations/Cancellations’ Date From defaults to today’s date.
- When either Date From or Date To is blank, the date in the other field will be used for both dates in searches.
Send Job Confirmations/Cancellations
Send Assignment Notifications/Cancellations
- Task-level repository added
A new repository has been added for files you want to give to resources assigned to tasks. Instead of assigned resources getting all of the items uploaded to the job repository, you can easily send them documents related to their task and/or make the files available in their RB Connect.
When emailing resources their Assignment Notifications, you can automatically attach certain file types from the Task-level repository. Set which files types to attach in System Preferences. Task-level files appear in the Repository pane of jobs in resources’ RB Connect.
With the new Task-level repository, a new Date Type has been added. You can use Order Date as the Date Type when searching all repositories or just the Task-level repository.
- Go to Shipping directly from Turn In
Shipping button has been added to Turn In detail screens.
- Automatically apply sequentially numbered stamps to exhibits
Automatically number PDF exhibits with stamps that include RB9 job information as they are uploaded to the Witness-level repository.
Create as many stamp templates as you want that include exhibit numbers and RB9 job information automatically with the new Exhibit Stamps function.
Plus you can allow resources to apply stamps automatically to exhibits when uploading them via RB Connect during turn in.
- Apply custom stamps to PDF Transcripts without leaving RB9
Stamp RB-PDF Transcripts “original” or “certified copy,” or any other stamp you set up in RB9 with the new PDF Transcript Stamps function.
Set up as many stamps as you want and customize their look in the new PDF Transcript Stamps function.
- Change job status in Shipping function
Job Status field has been added to the New/View/Edit Shipment window. You can change Job Status to Shipped in New/Edit Shipment window by selecting Change Status to Ship option.
- Faster payment processing when 1 check is paying 1 invoice
New One Check One Invoice option in Receivables > Enter Other Transactions simplifies applying a payment when a single check covers a single invoice.
- Continuously add payments in Receive Payments function
Instead of clicking the New button in the main Receive Payments grid to apply payments, you can now select Save & New in the Edit Payment window to continue to enter payments.
- Include credit card processing fees in transactions
When processing credit card payments, you can break out the usage fees associated with them. There is now a field for that additional fee amount in Receive Payments. Amounts entered in this field appear in :
- Processing Fee column in individual invoice’s Receivable Transactions grid in Invoice Inquiry.
- Processing Fee column in individual payment’s Applied Payments grid in Receivable Transaction Inquiry.
- Processing Fee column in Cash Receipts Register - Payments report.
- Payment Processing Expenses account for the selected BUs in Cash Receipts Journal report.
Processing fees are automatically applied when clients use RB Connect to pay online via PayPal.
Set up credit card payment processing fee accounts in your business units, then when processing fees are applied to invoices in Receive Payments, they are included in the corresponding accounts.
- Hide per unit rates in detailed invoices
New Business Unit option lets you produce detailed invoices without per unit rates displayed.
- Debit late charges and finance charges from Debit Memo
When a client’s check bounces, you can include the entire balance, including late charges and finance charges, in Debit Memo.
- Back up your RB9 database to your desktop
Use the new Download Backup File function in Tools to download backup files from up to 7 days ago.
- Choose how to send contact’s their invoices
Select how your clients want to receive invoices from you in their Contact records (options are email, print, both, or don’t send). Then when sending invoices, you can change the method for specific invoices from their default in the Send Invoices results grid.
- Include invoice, case, & job info in one custom report
In the Query Maker tool, you can use the new “Invoices+Jobs+Cases” data set to run queries that include information from invoice, job, and case fields in one list. For example, if you are running a query for invoices, your results can included the associated case numbers.
- Totals appear in exported reports
Results grids display the footer’s total line when exported to Excel/CSV format.
- More online payment vendors to choose from
In addition to PayPal you can select from these other vendors for your contacts’ Online Payment Method for paying invoices through RB Connect:
- First Data/Payeezy
More update features
- Add party to linked jobs with fewer clicks
When adding a party to either a case or a job, new Save & Edit option in the New Party panel lets you add requested services and/or add the party to all linked jobs without having to close, then reopen the party panel.
- Reschedule old jobs
Previously, if a job was past its scheduled date, you couldn’t reschedule it; you could only copy the job and set a new date. Now this restriction has been eliminated, and you can reschedule these jobs.
- List view job calendar defaults to tomorrow
Instead of blank date fields, Job Date From/To fields default to tomorrow’s date when opening Jobs (List View).
- OAuth2 authentication added to email preferences
In both System Preferences and User Preferences, you can choose “SMTP with OAuth2 - Microsoft 365” option when setting up your email to enable OAuth2 authentication when using Microsoft 365 Office.
- More search filters & results columns for jobs
Case Type has been added to the search criteria in both calendar views. Notation has been added to the search criteria in List View. Time Zone and Case Type columns have been added to the results grid in List View.
- Expanded data entry fields
The amount of information you can enter into certain fields in jobs has been increased:
- Notation field is now 24 characters long.
- Scheduling Notes, Confirmation Notes, Resource Notification Notes, and Production/Billing Notes are now unlimited in length.
- View Task Notes in results grids
You no longer have to go into individual tasks to read related notes. Task Notes now appear in the Tasks and Quick Assignments results grids. It is also one of columns whose order you can change in System Preferences > General > Rearrange Grid Columns.
- Notation column added to Quick Assignments results grid
See at a glance if there are any special notes on jobs when assigning resources without having to click into every job.
- Specialties & Requested Services added to Job Printout
Easily see if clients had special requests for any upcoming jobs to take into account when assigning jobs and also to remind resources of additional services that were requested.
- Sort individual resource’s payable invoices when running payroll
In the Pay Resources results grid, you can sort each resource’s list of payable invoices by any of the columns in the sub-grid.
- Include the full case name in Job Confirmations and other forms
The data field “Cases.CaseFullName” has been added to the following form templates:
- Job Confirmations
- Job Cancellations
- Assignment Notifications
- Assignment Cancellations
- Contact Letters
- Witness Letters
- Other Letters
- Collection Letters-Single Invoice
- Search for jobs by resource in Turn In
Since reporters often forget or lose job numbers, you can now look up jobs by resource in the Turn In window.
- Names instead of numbers appear in the Subject line in internal messages
To easily identify the messages without opening them, reminders sent from the Notes Log of:
- A case contains the case name instead of case number in the Subject line.
- A firm contains the firm’s name instead of firm number in the Subject line. Reminders sent from a firm’s Collections pane also use the firm name instead of number.
- A resource contains the resource’s name instead of resource number in the Subject line. Reminders sent from a resource’s Certifications pane also use the resource name instead of number.
- A location contains the location’s name instead of location number in the Subject line.
- Resource assignment paper trail
When you assign or remove a resource from a task, a log entry is made in the job’s Notes Log so you have a paper trail of resource assignments.
- Allow contacts to request same-day jobs via RB Connect
If you set the option, “Do not allow new job request within this number of days (weekends are excluded)” to –1 in general job preferences in RB Connect, contacts can make job requests for the current date.
- Resources can copy services to multiple invoices
When resources turn in jobs through RB Connect and generate multiple invoices, they can save time by using the new Copy Service To function to copy services from one invoice to others.
- More rearrange-able grid columns
In addition to the new Tasks Notes appearing as a rearrange-able column in Tasks and Quick Assignments, other grid columns whose order you can change in System Preferences > General > Rearrange Grid Columns include:
- Notation in Quick Assignments.
- Time Zone and Case Type in Jobs (List View).
- See current receivables transaction balances at a glance
Balance column added to Receivable Transaction Inquiry results grid.
- Clients can reschedule jobs with a Request New status
Clients do not have to wait for you to acknowledge that you received a request before they can reschedule a job when the date/time changes or they made an error entering the job.