What’s been added or updated in RB9 & RB Connect
Find new feature descriptions here and their release dates.
Registered users of RB can sign in to our customer portal and check our KnowledgeBase for complete lists of updates including bug fixes. Not a registered user? Contact OMTI for your log-in credentials.
Release date: October 12, 2021
- Group results by column in Jobs (List View)
Group jobs by multiple columns in List View. Just like Tasks in Progress, you will be able to organize the results in List View by one or more parameters to more easily see the job information you want to know. For example, you could group jobs by Job Status, then job date to find your calendar priorities quicker.
- New weekly calendar view
Similar to the Monthly View calendar, the new Weekly View is a visual calendar format displaying a week at a time. It defaults to the current week, showing jobs scheduled for each day in chronological order by start time, job number, and a third option of your choice, such as ordering firm or witness. Rolling over any entry lists details about the job and clicking any entry opens the job’s detail window.
- Import RB9 data into QuickBooks online edition
The new update adds the ability to import RB9 data into QuickBooks online edition, so you will be able to use the QuickBooks Integrator tool if you subscribe to QuickBooks online.
- Online meetings work with Zoom
In this release, you can set up RB9 to work with Zoom in jobs scheduled for online meetings. You will be able to schedule a Zoom meeting and store all pertinent information to join the meeting in fields for URL, Directions, Confirmation Notes, and Resource Notification Notes.
- Easier Job Status updates
This update includes 3 improvements to Job Status updates:
- Shortcuts for Confirmed and Canceled added to Job Status drop-down on the Edit Job screen.
- When Job Status is changed to Confirmed and there is a linked job, a popup will appear alerting you to the linked job to be confirmed.
- You will be able to set up automatic Job Status updates that specify what the new status is when:
- Job confirmations are sent.
- Resources are assigned to tasks.
- Assignment notifications are sent.
- New shipments are added.
- Easier for clients to pay emailed invoices
If you send invoices from RB9 via email and you have RB Connect, you will be able to automatically include a Pay Invoice link in the invoice emails so when your clients click the link they will go directly to the invoice in their RB Connect office to pay the invoice.
- New job warning when client is excessively overdue
Optional warning pops up in the New Job window when you designate an ordering client whose past due invoices’ amount exceeds an amount you set. The popup will display the overdue amount, so you can address it immediately. You set the parameters: whether you will receive a popup, what amount will trigger the popup, and how many days overdue payment has to be.
- Interface improvements include Dark Mode
- You can select either the current color scheme or a reverse/dark color scheme (Dark Mode) for your personal RB9 viewing.
- You can designate different Job Status colors for Dark Mode screens in System Preferences.
- Throughout the system, checkboxes and Yes/No drop-downs have been changed to simple switch controls, so you can easily select Yes or No with a click.
- Time Zone options now display the time zone name only, not its GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) designation.
- Calendar view improvements
In addition to the new grouping capability in List View and the new Weekly View, the 2021 Q4 update includes:
- Jobs in List View and Monthly View’s individual day views can be sorted by the Task(Resource) column.
- Monthly View’s top navigation bar is locked, and the rest of the calendar page can scroll so current month and navigation controls are always accessible.
- Monthly View’s month & year are now bold and in a larger font size for better legibility.
- Job scheduling improvements
In addition to the easier Zoom meeting scheduling, Job Status improvements, and overdue account warning, the 2021 Q4 update includes:
- When scheduling multiple job dates at once, day selections have also been changed to switch controls and the Type dropdown has been changed to option buttons.
- You can now set task-due-in-#-days in individual firms’ RB9 listing, so when entering tasks in jobs, RB9 will calculate due dates by the ordering firm’s preferences first. If a firm doesn’t have task due date preferences in their profile, RB9 will apply BU-level task due days.
- Task management improvements
- Set or clear tasks’ Acknowledged Date without leaving the main Task window.
- Assign resources to tasks on jobs that have already occurred in Quick Assignments.
- Search Send Overdue Tasks Report by Task Due Date From/To.
- Turn In improvements
During Turn In:
- If you designated a rush type for an invoice that should not include a rush charge, you can now clear the selection in Set Rush Types.
- You can provide explanations on invoices about specific service items by entering text in the “More detail on the invoice” field in the New Service/Edit Service panel. Information in this field will print on the invoice following the service item name.
- Marketing Inquiry improvements
- “Top N Calendar” option in the Type search category changed to “Top N Calendar by Ordering” for both firms and contacts; and a “Top N Calendar by Scheduled” option for contacts was added so you can search for your top clients by who is scheduling the most: typically secretaries and paralegals instead of attorneys, who are your ordering contacts.
- You can filter Contact and Resource searches by Notification Type. Search results include the entities’ email addresses designated for the selected notification type(s).
- Receivables improvements
- In Receive Payments, you can look up invoices by job number in One Check One Invoice window and One Check Multiple Invoices > Apply Invoices panel.
- In Aged A/R, you can search by Firm or Parent Firm; and choose to have all firms listed separately or combine all outstanding invoice amounts of firms under a parent firm together into one row.
- Firms improvements
- When you change a firm’s Late Charge Rate or Finance Charge Rate, RB9 automatically records the change in the firm’s Notes Log.
- As noted above in Job scheduling improvements, you can set Task Due Days at the Firm-level for clients who have their own turnaround deadlines.
- Tools improvements
In addition to the ability to import RB9 data into QuickBooks online edition, the 2021 Q4 update includes:
- In Bulk Update, when changing the sales rep for firms, contacts, or jobs, you can search by the currently assigned sales rep in the Update To panel to find the relevant entities.
- In Query Maker, you can use parentheses with multiple queries to prioritize queries when AND and OR operators are used. For example, to find law firms in TX or LA, you can query: (State is equal to TX OR State is equal to LA) AND FirmType is equal to Law Firm.
- Setup improvements
In addition to the new features above that require setup/are customizable, the 2021 Q4 update includes:
- In the Service Item Master, you can search for all service items or only active items.
- In the Rush Type Master, you can search for all rush types or only active ones.
- In System Preferences > General > Email, you can add Bcc email addresses to email profiles. If users choose to use their own email method instead of using the system settings, they can add Bcc emails to their email profile in their personal user preferences.
- In System Preferences > Billing > Invoice > Email Settings, you can insert:
- Amount, Balance, and ClaimNo data fields into the Email Subject and Email Message.
- PayInvoiceLink data field into the Email Message. This data field converts into a hyperlink in the email, which when clicked, automatically sends the user to RB Connect. After the user logs in, the related invoice screen appears for a convenient payment process.
New RB Connect features for clients
- Clients can select either the current color scheme or a reverse/dark color scheme (Dark Mode) for their RB Connect viewing.
- Checkboxes and Yes/No drop-downs have been changed to simple switch controls, so clients can easily select Yes or No with a click.
- In Request New Job, day selections have also been changed to switch controls and the Type dropdown has been changed to option buttons for easier scheduling when requesting multiple job dates at once.
- Confirmation emails to contacts scheduling multiple jobs show all related job numbers and dates.
New RB Connect features for resources
- Resources can select either the current color scheme or a reverse/dark color scheme (Dark Mode) for their RB Connect viewing.
- Checkboxes and Yes/No drop-downs have been changed to simple switch controls, so resources can easily select Yes or No with a click.
- The Turn In screen’s title bar displays the entire turn-in process graphically with the current step highlighted to help resources better understand the progress.
- When uploading exhibits, resources can select which exhibit stamp to use for automatically numbering PDF exhibits from a set of stamps that you designate in System > Exhibit Stamps if you allow resources to stamp exhibits.