As our clients’ need change and new support technologies become available, we periodically revise plan benefits and add new ones. Always check here for the latest benefits listing.
Support plan benefits
- Online support
Users can find answers to their ReporterBase questions in several areas online:
- User Guides are included in RB9 and RB Lite with a Help button on every screen that opens the guide to the relevant section.
- The OMTI KnowledgeBase contains information on product releases, answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) and step-by-step solutions to common operational and software problems. It is available in the customer portal. You can search for articles in this online database by keyword, product, most viewed or most recently posted. The KnowledgeBase covers all areas of currently-supported OMTI products.
- Training videos, step-by-step instructions, cheat sheets, and downloadable user guides are available in the Help Center.
- More instructions and product information are available in the Idea Salad archives.
- Find out what every function in RB9 and RB Lite can do on the RB9 Primer site.
- Telephone, live chat, fax, email & remote support
Our support staff is available during our regular office hours to provide support in several ways. If you can’t find the answer you need in online support, call RB Support or connect with them via live chat on our website for a direct answer.
Sometimes, it’s easier to solve a problem by accessing your computer remotely. In those cases, RB Support will ask you to turn on Team Viewer so they can view and control your computer while talking you through the solution.
You can also communicate with RB Support via email or fax.
- Scheduled call-backs
You can make an appointment with RB Support for a time during support hours that is convenient to you for one of our support technicians to call you back to help resolve an RB issue or learn how to use RB better.
- Guaranteed response w/i 24 business hours
If you call and leave a message, send an email or fax, OMTI’s guaranteed response time is 24 hours during our regular office hours.
- Update releases
Updates are versions of ReporterBase that add new features, fix bugs, and improve usability or performance. They are included free in RB support, automatically installed in RB9 and RB Lite, and are designated by the current version number and a serial decimal number (i.e., ReporterBase 9, version 9.7145).
- Upgrade releases
Upgrades are major releases of ReporterBase and are designated by a new version number (i.e., ReporterBase 9). Upgrades are included free in RB9 and RB Lite contracts, but an upgrade service fee for converting data may be charged and payment due in full when invoiced. See the Pricing Guide for more information.
- Optional job exchange listing
To make it easier for RB users to find each other across the country and beyond, we maintain a free job exchange list containing each member’s location and contact information in the customer portal.
Included as an option in RB support. Eligible support plan clients who wish to participate must fill out and submit an application form (available through our customer portal), which specifically grants us the right to post their contact information in the RB XChange Job Exchange Group.
Most support services are only available during our regular office hours: 8 am–5 pm PT, M–F, excluding holidays. Support information and news are available 24x7 on our website.
Support plans do not include:
- Training, beyond three (3) initial one-to-one remote sessions covering set-up and basics, plus what is provided online
- Hardware or third-party software maintenance and support
- Support for your network or internet access
- Off-business-hour support
- Custom programming