Sign RB-PDF Transcripts in RB9
ReporterBase Digital Signature Proxy (RB-DSP) lets you apply reporters’ digital signatures to their RB-PDF Transcripts through the normal production process. RB-DSP is a free and easy way to apply digital signatures to electronic transcripts efficiently in-house while maintaining the integrity of the signature.
How it works
- Reporters and RB court reporting firms can sign up for free at Reporterbase.com. Reporters must also set up their digital signatures/IDs on the site. These free certificates are good for 2 years.
- Reporters generate their digital certificate at Reporterbase.com and upload a scan of their handwritten signature to the site. They also designate which RB-using court reporting agencies they will permit to apply their signature to their RB-PDF transcripts.
- After that, whenever a designated agency applies the reporter’s signature to a transcript, the usage is recorded in a log that the reporter can monitor on Reporterbase.com.
For the court reporting agency, it couldn’t be easier:
- Production staff clicks a button on an RB-PDF transcript, then clicks on the transcript where they want the signature to appear. RB9 automatically knows which signature to apply and automatically records its use in both the agency’s and the reporter’s logs.
- Agencies can apply the reporter’s signature multiple times to one transcript, plus apply their own agency digital signature, if needed.
- Setting up an agency digital certificate is a similar process to setting up a reporter’s. For instructions on that, plus how to invite your reporters to set up their own digital certificates, download the RB Digital Signature Proxy Guide for Agencies .
For more info on digital signatures and how RB-DSP works, visit Reporterbase.com.
It is automatic. A court reporting firm’s production department does not need to know reporters’ personal information, such as user IDs and passwords, to apply their signatures.
It is quick. Applying a signature is a two-click process — production staffers do not need to go to a third-party website or application, it is all within RB9’s PDF Transcripts function.
It is accurate. Production staff does not choose a reporter’s signature for a transcript; the correct signature is already tied to the transcript based on who turned in the job.
It is monitored. Anytime a signature is applied via RB-DSP, it is automatically logged in both the reporter’s and the agency’s usage log. Usage logs track when a signature was used, on which transcript and by which agency. Reporters can also choose to be automatically notified by email anytime their signature is used.