What is RB9?
RB9 is the latest version of ReporterBase business management software for running your court reporting or other legal support business. It has been re-built from the ground up with every function and process re-thought, re-designed, and re-programmed.
ReporterBase has been a leader in business software for the court reporting industry for 35 years; and with this new version, it’s positioned to run your business for decades more.
- Shipping & deliveries
- Payables — including direct deposit payroll
- Business tracking and forecasting, with a full range of reports from work load to cash flow to profitability.
What’s inside RB9
RB9 includes everything most legal support firms need to manage their business.
RB9 handles your important business tasks...
such as billing and scheduling, in a flexible, interconnected environment that includes:
Modules in RB9:
Work processes are grouped logically into modules, so you can easily complete tasks.
- Handle your daily scheduling, notifying and confirming tasks.
- Update, confirm and cancel jobs.
- Assign, notify and confirm reporters and other resources.
- Track and analyze jobs.
- Notify clients when requests are received.
- Send clients and resources their job calendars, which they can import into their Outlook calendars.
- Import client requests from RB Connect.
- Upload case- and job-level files to the repository.
- Send reporters and other resources overdue tasks reminders.
- More about RB9 Calendar
- Turn in jobs.
- Create PDF transcripts (including condensed versions) & apply digital signatures.
- Fulfill client requests.
- Prepare jobs for billing.
- Archive all documents by case, job, witness, resource, firm, invoice or general filing.
- Grant clients and resources access to files and invoices online through RB Connect.
- Generate labels and form letters.
- Track UPS & FedEx shipments. Search for shipments.
- Track production items as they progress through your company.
- More about RB9 Production
- Print, post, and send invoices, including COD invoices.
- Export invoices in LEDES 98B format for clients who require electronic billing.
- More about RB9 Billing
- Instantly locate information about jobs, invoices, clients, resources, witnesses, payments and transcripts.
- Analyze aspects of your business, such as clients’ billing activity and reporter billing and pay amounts.
- Run month-, quarter- and year-to-date totals.
- More about RB9 Inquiry
- Credit and track client payments.
- Assess finance charges, print monthly reports, and monitor collection efforts.
- Apply retainers.
- Track and manage overdue invoices.
- More about RB9 Receivables
- Perform payroll tasks.
- Generate forms and reports pertaining to payroll, including 1099s.
- Cut payroll checks, direct deposit paychecks, or export payroll to QuickBooks.
- Reward clients with points like airline loyalty programs.
- More about RB9 Payables
- Manage client firms, contacts at firms, reporters and other resources, locations, and your company’s business units (profit centers, branches, or other areas of your business that you want to track separately).
- View individual entity’s financial and job trends in line graphs.
- More about RB9 Entities
- Set up and maintain your company, job location, client and resource (reporters, videographers, interpreters, etc.) information.
- Customize menus, invoice headers and messages, transcript preferences, and miscellaneous system preferences.
- Set up users and group them according to their access levels and job functions.
- More about RB9 Setup module
- Handle requests made online through RB Connect.
- Publish COD invoices in RB Connect for online payment.
- Create interactive mobile transcripts and bundle them with exhibits, PDF transcripts, video and other files in Transcript Packages.
- Create searchable indexes of files for clients to use online.
- Track RB Connect activity by clients.
- More about RB9 Connect module
- Analyze your business’s productivity, profitability and other relevant data.
- More about RB9 Reports
- Import firm, contacts, and resources from other applications.
- Update multiple database entries at once.
- Use tags to organize entities, then email or print labels for tagged groups.
- Create and manage label templates.
- Create forms and letters.
- Search for notes systemwide.
- Track repository downloads.
- Perform custom searches of your RB database.
- Import invoices, paychecks and payment transactions into QuickBooks.
- More about RB9 Tools
- Look up information in the interactive RB9 User Guide.
- Access online support, including live chat.
- View online training.
- Add your suggestions for RB9 improvements in the Idea Collaborator.
RB9 comes with built-in defaults so you don’t have to start from scratch. RB9’s defaults incorporate business logic and best practices for legal support firms derived from our decades of developing software for this industry. You can add, delete, or edit defaults, such as services offered, so you can tailor it to your business and the specific services you offer.
A system that grows to fit any size office
RB9 is scalable:
From a one-person shop to a company with offices around the country, RB9 handles your business and can grow with you. And since you pay for it on a month-to-month basis, you can control your overhead expenses.
RB9 is hosted in the cloud, eliminating the need for your own server, data storage, and IT staff.
Add optional plug-ins to extend RB9's functionality, such as online offices so clients can check current order status, order records, download files, and pay invoices over the internet.
Basic RB9 office management package includes:
- RB9 Server, installed on the server in the cloud on Microsoft Azure Cloud Services. The RB9 Server contains your RB database of clients, resources, jobs, etc. Details
If your company wants to maintain separate databases for parts of your business, e.g., if you operate several agencies and want to maintain separate databases for each, each database requires a separate RB Server license.
- Standard support
- One Named User License for accessing your database on the RB9 Server through a browser Details
Each user who accesses the RB Server requires a separate Named User License. Additional user licenses can be added or subtracted on a monthly basis for an additional fee.
Add features your clients & resources want
Subscribe to RB9 plug-ins for your RB system to add capabilities and provide desirable services. You can cancel a plug-in at any time, so you can add what you need when you need it without worrying about unnecessary overhead.
Create your own custom reports with RB data from the cloud and use your RB data in other applications.
Give clients, reporters, sales reps and management online access to essential information in your office, like schedules, job locations, transcripts and other case files, and billing information.
Give clients & reporters access to your office through a mobile-optimized site on their smart phone or other mobile device, which is how many people access the internet now.
Give clients the ability to search for specific text in their RB Connect repositories and get results in seconds. When they locate the right file, they can download it.
Subscribe to RB9
RB9 is available by subscription only.
For as little as $250/month, you get a full office management system. Optional plug-ins provide additional capacity, such as online offices for your clients. Add or subtract user licenses and plug-ins as needed, cancel anytime.
RB9 is backed by an unconditional, 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.