MetaRecords 2013–2015 updates
This page covers all the new features added to MR8 and MR Web in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Release date: January 9, 2015
- Easier to search notes logs
You can now classify notes by type and how they are received — classifications that you develop yourself, so they fit your unique business communications. Then you can designate notes in different logs by these types and search logs by these notes types to more easily find relevant information.
With this new capability, "Action Type for Collection" has been changed to "Action Type or Notes Type," so it works the same as other notes types when searching in Notes Finder.
Since existing notes cannot be edited, they cannot have a notes type, so this feature only applies to new notes.
You can now sort by column in Notes Finder.
Also in Notes Logs, the Notes Type Filters have been changed from a drop-down menu to a pop-up window to make selections simpler.
- View files directly from main screens
A new function, View File, has been added to all repository tabs. Now you can view files without going into the detail screen.
- Invoices messages are now twice as long
Invoice message length has been expanded to 2048 characters.
- And more...
- A confirm message window has been added to "Post Invoice" and "Post and Send Invoice" options in Billing.
- Service items with a zero amount can now be exported to LEDES 1998B.
- Monthly statements can now be sorted by Firm Type.
- You can now view contacts' email addresses in the main Contact screen's results, eliminating the need to go into individual contact screens.
- When adding new users to a group in Users and Groups, only active users will be listed.
- The SSL logo in MR Web has been removed to prevent interference with usability and increase loading speed.
- Order No. has been added to the Search Criteria when printing forms in Orders.
- If the default Business Unit has not been set yet for payments in Receivables, the User Preference window will be displayed.
- Client Rep and Sales Rep filters added to Search criteria in Firms' Setup.
- In Users and Groups, a new security option to allow access to only the "Web > Import Web Requests" function has been added.
- In the Form Manager, the scheduling attorney's email data source has been added to Certification (NODs) and Certification (NODs)-Billing templates.
Release date: October 7, 2013
- Find SSNs quicker with a wild card
When searching for social security numbers (SSN) in Case Manager, the % symbol can be used as wildcard. For example, entering “%2464” will bring up any SSN ending in 2464.
- Look up who created or modified parties & orders
Last Modified, Last Modified By, Created and Created By fields now appear in Case Manager party information, and Turn-in order information.
- Automatically log Sales Rep/Client Of changes
MR8 creates a Notes Log entry in the current window when:
- The Sales Rep is changed for a case in Case Manager.
- The Sales Rep or Client Of is changed for a firm or contact in Setup.
- Update multiple contacts’ billing email addresses at once
A new selection, Billing Email, has been added to the Bulk Update function in Setup > Contacts.
- Optional plug-in creates summarized invoice by case or time period
Add the Summary Invoice plug-in for clients, such as insurance companies, who want to receive summarized invoices listing all the invoices belonging to a particular case or a given period. Summary invoices differ from monthly statements that print only open (unpaid) invoices.
- Re-use fee checks assigned to voided invoices
A new function, Clear Invoice No., has been added to Payables > Fee Checks. Use this function to reuse fee checks belonging to voided invoices by clearing the invoice number from fee checks.
- Show or hide file types and system codes online
If you prefer not to show file types and system codes to your clients over MR Web, you can turn off “Show on MRWeb” option in the Code Manager.