While the Calendar module is the biggest module in RB9, Billing is just as important to your business. To help you bill faster, we have tweaked the billing process in RB9.
Posting & sending invoices are easier, more logical processes
Instead of hiding the important functions of posting and sending invoices in the all-purpose Billing module, as in RB8, RB9 breaks them out as their own functions: Post Invoices and Send Invoices. Plus, RB9 combined the RB8 function of Reprint Posted Invoice into Send Invoices. So, sending invoices only happens in one function now.
Another improvement over RB8 is that you can use a variety of search options in the Send Invoices function, such as date range, Bill To Firm, and case name to find a group of invoices to email/print at once or to archive to your repository.
RB9 also gives you the option of posting and sending invoices directly from within Turn-in as you calculate them. If you post an invoice in Turn-in, RB9 automatically asks if you would like to send and archive the invoice. If you select Yes, then the Send Invoice function automatically opens.
Smoother COD process
- In addition to RB8 search filters, such as by invoice number or invoice date, in RB9 you can also search for COD invoices by job number.
- You can view a COD invoice from its detail screen in COD Invoices function with the click of a button, then export or print it from there.
- Invoice numbers on COD invoices include 3 asteriks (***) after the number to make it easier to differentiate them from posted invoices.
- To reduce errors when purging old COD invoices, RB9 does not allow bulk removal of COD invoices. Instead, users must purge invoices one by one so they have the option to review and ensure they are eliminating the correct invoice(s).
Less time spent in e-billing
If you have clients that require electronic billing in LEDES format, we’ve added a couple of tweeks to make it easier.
- No more right-clicks to select or export invoices.
- If any LEDES-required information is missing on an invoice, RB9 alerts you as soon as you try to export the invoice. It does not create an invoice until you have all information needed.
Want to learn more about RB9 Billing?
You can find out more about the Billing module in ReporterBase 101, which contains lessons about every module, function, and concept in RB9.
ReporterBase 101 comes in 2 versions: weekly email lessons and a website, the RB9 Primer, where all the lessons appear. You can sign up to have an RB lesson delivered to your inbox each week. And you can also look up anything on the website, where lessons are grouped by module or concept.