While the Calendar module is the biggest module in RB, Billing is just as important to your business. To help you bill faster, we have streamlined the process in RB. For example, you assemble invoices in Production’s Turn In where you have documented the billable services you provided. Then you can quickly batch process and send invoices in Billing. You can also handle COD invoices, e-billing, and any misdirected invoices here.
Posting & sending invoices are easy, logical processes
Use the Post Invoices and Send Invoices functions to finish and send invoices singly or in batches. Or post and send invoices directly from within Turn-in as you calculate them. If you post an invoice in Turn-in, RB automatically asks if you would like to send and archive the invoice. If you select Yes, then the Send Invoice function automatically opens.
Use multiple search options in the Send Invoices function, such as date range, Bill To Firm, and case name to quickly find a group of invoices to email/print at once or to archive to your repository.
Efficient COD process
- Find COD invoices by firm, case, invoice number, invoice date, job number, and/or business unit.
- View a COD invoice from its detail screen in COD Invoices function with the click of a button, then export or print it from there.
- Invoice numbers on COD invoices include 3 asteriks (***) after the number to make it easier to differentiate them from posted invoices.
- To reduce errors when purging old COD invoices, RB does not allow bulk removal of COD invoices. Instead, users must purge invoices one by one so they have the option to review and ensure they are eliminating the correct invoice(s).
Less time spent in e-billing
If you have clients that require electronic billing in LEDES format, RB9 includes an Export Invoice function for generating the correct files.
- You can enter clients’ e-billing codes on the case party, job party, or invoice level.
- Once you have invoices generated with proper UTBMS codes, you can export them, then email the text file to the client.
- If any LEDES-required information is missing on an invoice, RB9 alerts you as soon as you try to export the invoice. It does not create an invoice until you have all information needed.
Instead of voiding and re-billing an invoice that was sent to the wrong party, you can transfer the invoice to the correct party in RB. You can change the firm and/or contact responsible for paying the bill and/or who ordered the services billed.
Want to learn more about RB Billing?
You can find out more about the Billing module in ReporterBase 101, which contains lessons about every module, function, plug-in, and concept in RB9.
ReporterBase 101 comes in 2 versions: weekly email lessons and a website, the RB9 Primer, where all the lessons appear. You can sign up to have an RB lesson delivered to your inbox each week. And you can also look up anything on the website, where lessons are grouped by module or concept.